Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello, Guys!

I've had SO MUCH fun learning about each of you during our class time.  I'm SUPER appreciative of your participation during class, and your enthusiasm while learning our new memory work. I've had a couple of questions about presentation this week, so I want to clarify for everyone's sake :-D

This week's presentation is: Bible Recitation (2-3 minutes)
In Psalm 119:11, David says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." What passages from God's word have you hidden in your heart? Share a Bible passage that is meaningful to you.  Do your best to memorize your chosen passage.  Enhance your presentation with props or actions.

Our focus this week will be: Volume! Speak with appropriate loudness so your audience can hear you.
In order to make this presentation age-appropriate, I'm asking you to stretch yourself.  Rather than picking a single short verse, find a few!

One of my favorite passages is Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.29 He gives strength to the weary    and increases the power of the weak.30 Even youths grow tired and weary,    and young men stumble and fall;31 but those who hope in the Lord    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


See if you can find a short passage that you already know or one that wouldn't be too difficult to memorize. Maybe you know the Lord's Prayer, or the 23rd Psalm? You may act it out, dress up, use props, etc.  Anything to make it more interesting as long as it's appropriate.

Once you've recited your verse, talk to us about why it's your favorite, or why you chose it.  Tell us why it's so special to you, why it's made a difference in your life, or how it's helped you.

On another note...I've had a much busier-than-normal week, and I'm still working on my playlist...I'll have it out to you as soon as I can. Enjoy your week! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment