Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hello, Parents!

I hope you have enjoyed the YouTube Playlists I sent out! I was hoping you and your girls would have the opportunity to view each of them several times so you would be aware of various types of educational videos that can be found on YouTube.

Starting today, I would like to put the girls in charge of finding material for the weekly playlist. In order to introduce the girls to a limited amount of internet research, I ask that you take time to search these subjects WITH your child to model what you feel is or is not appropriate.

Each week I will assign 1 subject to each student.  Here's the assignments for this week (Week 4):
Savannah - none (a reward for doing her presentation first this week)
Emily - Geography
Claire - English
Lily - Latin
Lilianna - Math 
Kaitlyn - Science 

Since we are learning Week 4 this week, they will be researching information for Week 4.  That means that Claire (who has English) will be looking for a video (or two) about the Nominative Pronouns.  She might find a song that lists them, a short teaching video that explains how they are used, or something else completely!

Please be aware that the videos should be appropriate for all ages since many of us are using the videos for our whole families and some of the children are very young. If it's possible, please submit a few videos of your subject. I will then have several choices in case there's a content issue with any of them. Occasionally, I will include several videos on the same subject just because they present the information differently.

Once your student finds a video, in the address bar at the top of the window, right click the address and then click on "copy."  Pull up an email, address it to me, then right click in the body of the email and click "paste." Once all the links have been added, just send the email to me.

I would ideally like to receive the videos by bedtime on Wednesday night. I'm hoping this gives you enough time. Please let me know if this is too restrictive for your family! I believe this kind of search should take less than 30 minutes, and I'm betting most people don't do school after CC on Tuesday.  Tuesday evening would be the perfect time to look up the info and send it in, but if it's just too much, sometime on Wednesday might work.

I want to have enough time to collect the links from each girl, preview them, compile the list, email the list out, and be able to watch the videos for a couple of days before we start the process all over again ;-)

Lastly, if your student has put forth a commendable effort, but there are no applicable videos to be found, please send me an email stating that. I understand.  Geography seems to be a fairly tough subject...and shortly, so will Latin...

Please let me know RIGHT AWAY if you have any questions, concerns, etc. You may call, text or email me anytime :-D

I look forward to hearing from you soon! :-D

Playlist Week 1:

Playlist Week 2:

Playlist Week 3:

No comments:

Post a Comment